Easy Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Mixed Veggies Recipe

I love to cook. I could spend hours in the kitchen and love every second of it. But for whatever reason, there's a bit of a disconnect for me when it comes to side dishes. I could slave away all day over an entree, but when it comes to the side, I'm just not motivated to put much effort into it. So I like to keep my sides as easy and simple as possible. And, of course, healthy.

Enter these roasted sweet potatoes and mixed veggies. 


I really don't think it could get much easier than this. Frozen vegetables make for minimal chopping, so this dish comes together in a snap. Here's what you'll need: 

4 medium sweet potatoes
1 12 oz bag of frozen mixed vegetables or broccoli
1-2 tbs. olive oil
Salt and pepper
Garlic powder (optional)

Preheat your oven to 450. Start by chopping your sweet potatoes and placing them in a bowl. Add about 1 to 1.5 tablespoons of olive oil and toss. Add in salt and pepper to taste, and toss again. Place on one side of a baking sheet. 

Add your frozen vegetables to the other half of the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste. The garlic powder is optional, but highly recommended - it gives the veggies AMAZING flavor! 

Roast for 30-35 minutes, or until everything is nicely browned and crispy. 

And that's IT. 


A healthy, delicious side dish in 30 minutes and with next to no effort! 

Enjoy! 

Comments

Popular Posts