Spinach and Tortellini Soup Recipe

Soups are my favorite. They're so easy, so cozy, and so versatile. I love to make soup on a Friday to eat over the weekend - it's such a simple way to ensure you have something to eat when you're busy, without having to actually cook or spend the money to eat out. And this soup is one of my new favorites.



I got the general idea from Becca Bristow. She has a wonderful YouTube channel focused on nutrition, and I cannot tell you how much I have learned from her and how much I appreciate what she does. Definitely go check her out - the original recipe can be found in this video.

However, I have tweaked the recipe a bit, and also have measurements for everything, which Becca didn't provide in her video, so I thought I'd share all that here. Enjoy!

J


What you'll need:

1 lb. ground turkey or lean ground beef
1 medium onion
1.5 tsp. minced garlic
2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
1 6 oz can tomato paste
4 cups chicken stock
3 cups spinach
6 oz spinach tortellini
3/4 tsp. dried basil
3/4 tsp dried oregano
Salt and pepper to taste

Start by browning your meat in a little bit of an oil of your choice (I recommend avocado or olive oil). When turkey is almost browned but not quite done, throw in your onion and garlic. Cook turkey through.

Add in chicken stock, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and spices. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.

Add in spinach and tortellini. Simmer until tortellini is cooked through.

And that's it! It's such an easy and quick soup, but so good!

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts