What I Eat In A Day - Healthy & Easy

When it comes to food, I'm often a bit of a creature  of habit. I have a few breakfasts, lunches, and snacks that I know are healthy and taste good to me, and I usually don't venture out beyond that. 

However, every once and while, when I do venture to try something new, I find something amazing that I immediately know will be added to my little rotation. Today was one of those days. 

So in today's post, I'll just walk through everything I ate today and show a little bit of both; some of my classics, and some new things that will soon become classics!

So here we go! 

Breakfast: 


I worked out today, so I knew I definitely wanted some protein this morning. So I chose one of my go-to breakfasts that I have lovingly dubbed "egg toast." All it is is two slices of whole grain toast, each topped with a fried egg and sprinkled with black pepper and some red pepper flakes. The red pepper flakes really make this breakfast; it gives it tons of spice and flavor. 

I love this breakfast because it covers all your macronutrients - carbs, protein, and healthy fats - so it makes for a very filling and satisfying breakfast. 

Lunch:


This is that meal I was talking about earlier, the one I immediately knew was going to be added to my regular rotation: a lemon pepper, sweet potato, and apple salad with a homemade balsamic vinaigrette.  To make it, I rubbed some chicken strips with lemon pepper seasoning and baked it along with my sweet potatoes (recipe for my roasted sweet potatoes can be found here). Then I laid that on a bed of green leaf lettuce, added half a chopped apple, and some cheese. To make the dressing, I simply added 3 teaspoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of white balsamic vinegar, a pinch of salt, and a sprinkle of black pepper to a jar, shook it up, and poured it over my salad. It was DELICIOUS. You could also easily meal prep everything at the beginning of the week and have lunches ready to go all week! 

Afternoon snack:
 

This is another one of those things that's a go-to for me - apple slices and peanut butter. I ate my lunch a bit later than usual, so I only was hungry for half an apple today, but normally I would eat the whole thing. So simple and easy, but tastes so good and is so filling. 


Dinner: 


Mushroom tomato sauce on whole wheat pasta and a French baguette. To be honest, this isn't a dinner I'll probably make again. I found the recipe online and wasn't crazy about it; however, it was healthy enough and did the job, so I won't complain! You win some, you lose some.


And that's what I eat in a day! I should note that this is what I eat in an ideal day; not every day is as organized or healthy, but this is the general goal that I shoot for. I eat intuitively and give my body what makes it feel its best, and these are some of the meals that have worked great for me, so I thought I'd share them to hopefully give someone some healthy eating inspiration. I know I always appreciate it! 

Until next time, 
Sierra 

Comments

Popular Posts